Evolution Real Estate will sell your home! Studies show that home sellers who use a REALTOR to represent them generally get a better price than those who sell the home themselves. REALTORS are up-to-date on critical processes and can help keep you out of trouble. They can also help you get your home sold at the best price in the right timeframe. Equally as important, REALTORS add objectivity to an inherently emotional transaction: the sale of your home.
Tips For Selecting an Agent
Searching for a REALTOR that best fits you and your needs is a daunting task. Below are a few tips that you should consider when searching for a REALTOR to sell your home. Your Real Estate Professional should be:
- Aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction.
- Effective in multi-party, face-to-face negotiations.
- Highly-trained, with access to programs for continued learning and additional certifications.
- Resourceful in attracting the largest possible pool of potential buyers.
- Knowledgeable in the technology resources that facilitate the transaction.
- Assisted by a fully-staffed marketing department.
- Supported by professional legal counsel.
- Certified in distressed property sales/ short sales
- Professional short sale negotiators
- Seasoned investment specialists
- Evolution is all of the above!
Before Your Home Is Listed
Evolution has a team of preferred vendors standing by to perform any improvements needed to achieve a maximum sales price. We assure that our vendors price/performance cannot be beat. It’s important to have your home in good showing condition before buyers start going through it. Here are some steps to take:
- Touch up interior and exterior paint as needed.
- Install new carpeting and flooring if it appears worn or dated.
- Make sure the front is clean and spruced up – curb appeal will create a favorable first impression.
- Trim bushes and plants as needed, and make sure the lawn is kept mowed and trimmed. In autumn, rake the leaves; in winter, keep the snow shoveled.
- Keep the interior clean, uncluttered and odor-free. Eliminate evidence of pets.
- Minimize personal items such as family photos. You want buyers to see themselves living in the home.
- Consider putting excess furniture and belongings in storage. Now is the time to clean out the garage and basement and sell, give away or throw away items you don’t need anymore.
- Consider having a pre-listing inspection performed. Buyers will be hiring professional inspectors; here is your chance to address problems in advance.
- Consider engaging a professional stager to give your home the right emotional appeal.
During the Listing Period
- When potential buyers visit your home, either be absent or make yourselves as inconspicuous as possible.
- Have fresh flowers in the entryway. It makes for a friendly introduction into your home.
- If offers are made that don’t match your hoped-for price, don’t reject them out of hand. Pay attention to your agent’s advice.
- Consider dropping the price if several months go by with few or no offers. But if you and your agent have priced your home properly from the start, this shouldn’t be necessary.
- Don’t get discouraged. In our current buyer’s market, homes take longer to sell than during boom times. Your home will eventually sell; it’s a matter of your Evolution agent finding the right buyer for you.
Evolution has all of the latest and greatest, tools and skills to get maximum value for your home in this strong buyers market. Selling your home is a delicate balance of price, appearance, marketing strategy, Negotiations, and most important Communication! We Offer all of the above in a manner that will make this process easy and smooth, allowing you to focus on your life and family and us worry about the heavy lifting!